Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 15: Dad's Diaper Duty

I got to change Jackson's diaper today, which was pretty cool!  At first I was a bit skeptical because he is so fragile, but I got my hands right in there...with a little prep help from the nurse.  It was a pretty eventful changing too - he decided to poop mid change, and all the while had his hand on his junk!  I love it!  Not even full-term and checking to make sure "it" is still there.  Jackson also decided to open his eyes quite a bit today, after his diaper change and I have a couple videos below (the second one is better) with Jackson showing off his eyes.  I got a pretty good look at them, and they look blue-ish gray.  Jackson did not gain any weight today, but is hanging tight at 1 lb. 13 oz still.  He continue to tolerate his feeds, and is behaving like a good boy.








Aiden's feeds were put on hold today because he kept having a large amount of residual after his meals.  He was given glycerin to help move his bowels along, and as of 5 mins ago (10:10 pm), the update from the nurse is that he had one excellent stool, with some mucus included.  I guess there is a mucus plug that sometimes needs to be pushed out to get the GI track going.  Aiden will resume his feeds tomorrow, and hoping that his stools become regular to continue priming hat gut for increased amounts.  The increased movements should also eliminate some of the rubin.  Mom tells me that while she was changing Aiden's diaper today, he was giving her "the finger!"  I love it!  Unfortunately, we did not get any pictures to capture this signature Kodak moment, but I will be sure to watch for any future flips of the bird.  It amazes me that they are not even full gestation, and are already talking back!

Nothing else to report today, but just asking for continued positive thoughts and prayers that the boys continue progressing and statuses continue to remain positive!  Thanks for the continued support!

-Jeff

1 comment: